It has been a while since the last time I used a Windows machine at home , and I have to say that there are some interesting things happening. After listening to Windows Weekly with Paul and Leo and Leo, I decided to take a look at Windows Live service. Some of my first impressions are the following:
- Windows Live Photo Gallery looks really cool. One of the main features is the option to stitch different photos to see life in sequence. Also it allows you to publish photos to other services such as Flickr.com
- Windows Live Writer: This application allows users to publish their blog posts to any of the following providers: Windows Live Spaces, SharePoint, WordPress, Blogger, LiveJournal, TypePad, Moveable Type, Community Server, and more. It is very easy to insert pictures and videos that can later be uploaded.
- Windows Live Spaces: If you need a blog or a website to share information with your family, then this is a very good option.
- Mail: Nothing wrong with having a centralized location for all of our e-mail accounts.
- Skydrive: 5GB of free space to upload documents, music, pictures,, and videos I will take that!
- Family Safety: This service also offers some web filtering to keep your family safe.
If you never tried Windows Live before, it is worth looking at it. You never know… after this, you might be going back to Microsoft!