So you got infected by a virus, now what? I would say that there are basically three main options to remove a virus from a PC. The following alternatives are in my estimation in order of difficulty.
- Using and antivirus software such as Norton AntiVirus, Kaspersky, or McAfee or even the free version of Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Restoring Windows to a previous state by using the Windows Restore. If you can guess the day that your computer was infected, you can restore the computer to the state that the computer was before that specific day or week. This will remove any infection that happened after the selected date.
- The third option and the one that I recommend is basically to move all your important data (documents, videos, pictures, music) from your hard drive to an external drive. Once you do that, you can proceed with a full blown reinstallation of the operating system followed by the installation of all applications. For this, you can use the recovery disks that came with your computer.
One way to minimize the need for a full-blown re-installation is to have to an image or clone of your drive with its updates and common applications. In the event that the PC is compromised or infected with a virus, the only thing that you would have to do is to copy the image(done using software such as True Image Home from the external drive to the PC’s internal drive. This will reduce the amount of time that you spend configuring your computer
Latest posts by Jose Rivera (see all)
- Como escuchar “audiobooks” en tu iPhone utilizando la aplicación Overcast - March 29, 2017
- Mi iPod Mini-Todo funciona menos Apple Music - November 19, 2016
- Como cambiar la tarjeta de contacto utilizada por Scrivener - November 8, 2016