The last few weeks Microsoft Word 2011 is crashing after getting the following message: “a COM exception has occurred“. After asking if the error should be reported, Microsoft Word attempts to restart repetitively. Since the message shows the Endnote logo, it seems that there is some incompatibility with EndNote’s X5 CWYW (Cite While You Write) plugin.
After trying a couple of options, the following process fixed the problem:
- Go into applications folder=>Microsoft Office=>Office=>Startup=>Word
- Delete the file “EndNote CWYW Word 2011.bundle”
- Start MS Word –> should start without any error messages
- End Word.
Since I am not using the EndNote’s CWYW, I will not re-install. Bottom line, at this point MS Word is finally working as expected.
Latest posts by Jose Rivera (see all)
- Como escuchar “audiobooks” en tu iPhone utilizando la aplicación Overcast - March 29, 2017
- Mi iPod Mini-Todo funciona menos Apple Music - November 19, 2016
- Como cambiar la tarjeta de contacto utilizada por Scrivener - November 8, 2016