Where is my Trash icon? Usually the trash is in the Dock. However, for some reason, today this icon was not available. Google to the rescue! After some research, I was able to find some instructions to re-launch the Dock which fixed the problem with the Trash. The following instructions which use Terminal will close and re-open the Dock.
- Open up Terminal by going to /Applications/Utilities
- Type the following command: killall Dock
- Hit enter.
- At this point, the dock will close and re-open.
- Verify if the Trash icon is back.
A couple of Mountain Lion Books that can definitely teach you a couple of Terminal Tricks!
Latest posts by Jose Rivera (see all)
- Como escuchar “audiobooks” en tu iPhone utilizando la aplicación Overcast - March 29, 2017
- Mi iPod Mini-Todo funciona menos Apple Music - November 19, 2016
- Como cambiar la tarjeta de contacto utilizada por Scrivener - November 8, 2016